What is the Alberta Seniors’ Centre -- Without Walls (SCWW)?
SCWW is a free phone-based program that offers recreational activities, health and well-being topics as well as friendly conversation for older adults.
Who is SCWW for?
Older adults (55+) who find it difficult to leave their home.
1) Program schedules are sent out at the beginning of each 4 month series. They can be requested at any time from staff.
2) Contact SCWW staff to enroll. Phone number: 780.395.2626
3) Register for programs and required materials will be mailed.
4) A few minutes before the program begins, follow the call-in instructions.
1) Dialthetoll-freenumber: 1.855.703.8985
2) You will hear an automated voice with the following message:
“Welcome to Zoom. Please enter your Meeting ID number followed by #”
*if you hear a message that this meeting does not exist, please check that you have entered the correct number and try again.
3) The next message will be the following:
“Please enter the participant ID or press the pound key”
*There are no further ID numbers, please press the pound key
4) The next message will ask you to state your name and press the pound
key (#). Please state your first name only.
If you are unable to call into a program, we can call you into the line. If you have requested but aren't receiving calls please contact staff directly.
1) A few minutes before the program starts, you will receive a call from a number that depending on your phone will show as unknown, Zoom or 1.646.568.7788. Please ensure you do not block this number!
2) An automated voice identifying it as a ZOOM MEETING. Press “1” to join the meeting
3) When asked, state your first name and then press the pound key (#)
Exercise Classes: All exercise classes have varying levels of difficulty and exercises can be modified to suit your needs! Home, Seated, & Strengthening Exercises available.
Games: BINGO, Family Feud, Jeopardy, Memory Practice, Trivial Pursuits, Super Sleuths and more!
Gratitude Group:Developing an “attitude of gratitude” takes practice. Join us for 30 minutes to start your day off on a positive note! This program will be call-in only.
Meditation & Mindfulness:Join us to learn practical stress-reducing exercises, breathing regulation, progressive relaxation techniques. For those interested in more spiritualistic/imaginative programming join our Beyond Meditation group.
Nutrition for Health:Get up-to-date healthy eating information from registered dietitians and share tips and cooking ideas.
Seniors Centre Without Walls Advisory Group:Are you enjoying our programming? Do you have an ideas for additional programs or changes you would like to see?
Working Through Grief:Understanding the emotions may help you see that there’s light at the end of the tunnel, and that there are things you can do to work through your feelings.
Recordings: Some programs may be recorded. We will request permission at the beginning of the program. Recordings may be re-played throughout our series.